Just like humans, pets can encounter dental issues that, when untreated, may lead to more severe health problems. At Nichols Veterinary Care, our devoted team of veterinarians and technicians in Monterey, CA are dedicated to providing specialized and compassionate dental care, ensuring your furry companion enjoys a lifetime of bright smiles and healthy teeth.
Oral disease is the most commonly diagnosed problem in patients of small animal hospitals. Studies show that as many as 80% of dogs and 70% of cats develop signs of periodontal disease or gingivitis before they reach three years old. Without regular cleaning both at home and professionally, bacteria, and plaque can build up on the teeth and gums causing bad breath, infected gums, and dental pain. If that wasn't bad enough, those bacteria can get into your pet's bloodstream and cause damage to the heart, lungs, liver, and kidneys. The good news is that oral disease is preventable, and treatable.
Regular dental exams and home care for your pets can help you to keep oral disease at bay, which in turn can prolong the life of your pet.
Our Comprehensive Dental Services:
- Dental Examinations: At each visit we will assess you pets' oral health to the best of our ability and make recommendations for daily home care and advise you when professional cleaning or treatments are needed.
- Dental Cleaning: Our state-of-the-art facilities and modern techniques enable us to perform safe and effective dental cleanings. Our team adeptly removes tartar, plaque, and bacteria buildup from your pet's teeth, both above and below the gumline.
- Dental X-Rays: For a comprehensive view of your pet's dental health, we offer digital dental x-rays. These images assist us in detecting dental issues hidden beneath the gum line, such as dental abscesses or impacted teeth.
- Periodontal Care: If signs of gum disease or periodontal problems are detected, we provide specialized care and treatment to alleviate discomfort and prevent further complications.
- Tooth Extractions: In cases of severe dental disease or irreparable tooth damage, we perform safe and painless tooth extractions, ensuring your pet's comfort throughout the procedure.
- Oral Surgery: For more complex dental issues, our skilled veterinarians are experienced in performing oral surgery when necessary.
Schedule a dental appointment today at our Nichols Veterinary Care practice, and let us help your pet maintain excellent oral health for a happy and vibrant life!